Thursday, January 29

Lottery win needed..

...urgently... 

I frequent an absolutely brilliant bookshop called "Slightly Foxed" [clicky] and their newsletter today included the following snippet...  mouth watering, but at £175 a book (!!) I'll have to regretfully decline...

Meantime may we present this very attractive set of 20 volumes of Patrick O'Brian’s Aubrey & Maturin novels. All first editions (except Master & Commander which is a second impression) all in very good dust-wrappers. This set is priced at £3,500. 






To purchase this rare set, or for more information, please email Ben: benscott@foxedbooks.com. First come, first served!



4 comments:

  1. That cover for Master and Commander is a classic! Shows you how good the Geoff Hunt ones are (and I'm not just saying that because he went to the same school as me and we had the same art teacher!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legatus, I have to admit it made me chuckle a little, on the assumption that is is Lucky Jack himself, in the books he has long blond hair and tends to a "comfortable" build!

      Delete
  2. I wish I'd held onto my Bolitho and Ramage sets now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joppy, indeed, especially if they were first edition... I have very fond remembrances of those early Bolitho books before they got so damn formulaic.. in fact my boat is partly named for Bolitho's first command.. :o)

      Delete