Thursday, June 12

Found him!!! Move 29 - 32 (12:00 - 15:00 - Day 2)

12:00 to 15:00 - Day 2..

...usual reminder the campaign map is to the left (click on it and any of the other pictures in this blog for the usual bigger view).

..you may remember if you've been following this extended "paint drying" session (are campaigns the wargaming equivalent of cricket - only interesting if you're actually playing?!) that the decision to put the cavalry "in harms way" reaped some swift rewards in the form of finally finding his vedettes, to the west of Carnine, but that I hadn't yet found his main force...

...with my absence at Disney, I had time to ponder on the difficulty I was facing, but then had a brainwave (I blame it on the third ride on Thunder Mountain which I think must have jangled my synapses). I had the thought that it didn't make much sense to have your army north of a cavalry screen running north-south, it made far more sense if you were west of the screen... so on my first turn on returning I ordered the cavalry to Camsix.. and am pleased to say that I've found him!!

Here's the recon report from that half squadron Lauzun's Hussars that I ordered to Camsix..


..and that allows me to update my master map to show exactly where the British are..




...I now have (or rather "had" as I've already made my mind up) two decisions to make - what to do with the scouts, and what to do with the main army.

The first one was easy - I'll pull the scouts back towards Carnine gradually - making sure that I continue to shadow the main British force. The second one is slightly more difficult, but only for about 30 seconds - the army stays put - and as soon as the messages arrive, I'll start fortifying that side of the town....

...more anon...

No comments:

Post a Comment