Wednesday, October 17

"Ambush!"

First off, I'm very pleased to report a new addition to the table top teaser page - I've just taken delivery of the July 1979 issue of Military Modelling (at a very reasonable price from a lady on eBay) and have now scanned and added it to my Teaser page. This is the "Ambush" scenario that up until now I'd only seen the play test of.

From my perspective, in addition to the extra background information/mechanics etc, the best thing about it is that it gives a very useful force list so that you can set it in the horse and musket period (the play test was set in the ancient period)

Having read it through it has definite possibilities and I'm looking forward to trying it out the next time my regular opponent is down my way! Trust you find the same..

Other updates - the artillery crews and pack horses for my Sudan artillery were completed over the weekend as I'd hoped. 

They're now varnished, and the first coat went onto the bases last night - I should have some pictures soon. I've completed 3 separate sets of crews, representing Egyptian, British and Dervish artillery... my plan is to base the crew, but leave the guns free standing so that I can swap the guns around depending on the scenario.... it saves me having to paint (and buy) multiple artillery...! Once finished, I'll have crews/transport for two bases of artillery per side...

2 comments:

  1. Steve
    I remember THIS teaser! I played it in my first old house before my children were born.... It was a musket-and-horse game into a solo campaign in Eolia between the forces of Franconia and Englania. I only remember that a high-rank officer was in the coach...
    Shadows of time....
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll want to take a look at it as soon as I'm able to concentrate. (I strained my back and right now the pain pills do an effective job of mushing my mind when I try to concentrate.)


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete