Tuesday, November 6

..new Teasers added to a new page...

...I've been a bit busy over the last few days, scanning and then translating the recent batch of "Teasers" but am happy to say that the first of the new batch (and one re-formatted one) are now on the Teaser page. I've also taken the opportunity to transfer the web page to Blogger (so you need to update your links, or use the link to the left)...

...for your reading pleasure then I can advise that you can now read:


  • June '79 (Military Modelling) - Playtest of the "Railway Incident" Teaser (which was featured in March 1979)...
  • September '79 (Military Modelling) - No. 10 - "Rear Guard"... "This month's Teaser centres round a blocking position occupied by a rear guard and provides the defender with the choice of a forward or a reverse slope position or indeed a combination of both..."
  • January '81 (Military Modelling) - Playtest of the "Peninsular Conflict" Teaser (which was Teaser No. 14 and featured in December '80)...

...I also took the opportunity to reformat the existing December '80 Teaser to make it a little more readable. Hold steady - there are more coming! J

...separately, the tricorne's I mentioned previously didn't quite make it to the painting table - they are undercoated, however. Instead I took the opportunity to finish off the Colonial artillery bits and pieces as they were ready & undercoated... a very pleasant afternoon ensued and I ended up with six baggage camels, and handlers...

...I've now modified these camels to act as the "limbers" for the screw guns, and while not strictly realistic (they're a little top heavy) they do give a good representation and I'm very happy with how they turned out. I also finished off some artillery limbers for the Krups guns...

My research has shown that in Wolsey's Desert Column, everything was transported by camel. For artillery, the Naval Brigade had one five-barrelled Gardner gun with four camels to carry it (one for the barrels, one for the wheels and elevating gear, one for the trail, and one for the ammunition). The Camel Battery of the Royal Artillery had three 7 pdr. screw guns - each gun, plus two boxes of ammunition, were carried on six camels with one native driver allotted to every two camels (courtesy "Savage and Soldier" & Wikipedia)

The picture is from the Redoubt website and shows their "Camel Train" (click to go to the page) - I only hope mine looks half as good!

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful for whatever format you can get them into. I would be happy to take the word docs and convert them to PDFs if you need help with that. (PDF being my second choice....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    Thank you . . . I look forward to future Teasers as well.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete