Thursday, December 27

Christmas gifts and stuff.....

...and like a flash of blinding light there goes Christmas for another year... L

I don't know, you spend all month looking forward to it, and for me the two weeks leading up to it are the BEST time, and then it's here and it's gone....!

...so what did Santa leave under this wargaming cove's (and I'm thinking of registering that as my trademark) tree?? Well the short answer is "lots" actually.. J ..it was a good year on the wargaming/beer front - highlights were:

~ the new Osprey Campaign series on Philadelphia (American War of Independence)
~ a set of artists acrylics and a new set of brushes (always useful!)
~ "Rabble in Arms" by Kenneth Roberts (a novel set in the War of Independence) been trying to get this for years, but this year my wife was successful...
~ a selection of ales chosen by my Dad from the Scottish breweries - the first of which was imbibed yesterday evening and was truly delicious "Northern Light" is by the Orkney Brewery Company and is a lovely, refreshing, light coloured beer - just the job after the second roast dinner in two days...
~ the new album by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, "Raising Sand"
~ the DVD of "300" - slightly 'comic book' in look, but this is about Thermopylae so I can see me hauling out the DBA armies at some time!

...best of all though, was the pile of Amazon vouchers; I'm already planning what to spend them on..... J ...so all in all I have something to paint with, while listening to, and I needn't go thirsty either...

Other than that - the American Civil War project page is now launched - see link to the left. In addition - I've almost finished a write up of the game DG and I played just before Christmas, I'll post it in a couple of days.

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff.

    I got a bunch of WSS books from my wife . . . so I might just have to expand into that period.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! She's obviously a jewel amongst woman-kind... :o))

    Can you share which books you got - I have a small and growing library, but I'm always open to new suggestions and recommendations...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rabble in Arms" by Kenneth Roberts sounds interesting please let us know what you think of it

    Will

    ReplyDelete