These were taken on launch day...
..which was just about perfect in terms of sun, but we could probably have done with a little more wind (ie. there wasn't any until we got to almost our destination).
Backing up a trailer with a considerable amount of boat behind the car was an interesting experience - not trailed before anyway, and I couldn't quite get to grips with having to turn the wheel one way to make the boat turn the other! π
Finally in the water, and tied up...
..beautiful day - see following - notice complete lack of movement on the water! Almost windless....All things considered a very successful first voyage at about 5 miles - couple of interesting incidents and lessons learned... first the lesson; stay inside the channel markers at the top of the harbour (where the water tends to be shallower) - my boat only draws a couple of feet, but we still managed to sit on the mud for a while! π
Second the incident - biggest little'un took this for us..
Distance: 5 miles
Wind: light to none
Very envious, even though my arm means I can't sail properly any more!
ReplyDeleteI've always wondered how people get to those boats moored so far off land. Where do they put the row boats (or is it jolly boats since that will be your flagship?).
ReplyDeleteEnvious. All you need now is a good rod and line and you're set for a days sea fishing.
Cheers gents - I'm lucky indeed.... sometimes I cycle into work the long way round just so I can look at her! :o)
ReplyDeleteGrimsby - I leave my tender on the mooring while I go out sailing, just pick it up when I come back... if I need it where I'm going I tow it behind the boat...
She looks lovely! The fire was a bit alarming though. I was on a powerboat once which caught fire and we all had to jump into the sea and get picked up by the Yarmouth lifeboat! Scary!
ReplyDeleteLovely craft Steve! I'm sure you'll get many hours of enjoyment from her.
ReplyDeletePlease email me offline at wpmchenry@charter.net, I have something you may want.
Bill