Sunday, September 20

Cancer Research 300...


You may have noticed in the side bar to the right that I thought I might have a go at the Cancer Research 300 this month..  it's been a surprising amount of fun, more than I expected anyway!..

As of yesterday I've done just over 210 miles, so I still have a couple of rest days in the bank if I need them (30 days in the month, so 10 miles a day to hit target) How have I done it? Well it helps that my work is 9 miles away so there are lots of ways of hitting 10 miles just by cycling one way, and even doubling it if I cycle both ways (which I did last week a couple of times because the weather was superb). For the rest of it, I just jump on the bike and travel off 5 miles and come back a different route..  I've a few days off this week, so am hoping to do the Great Salterns Way [clicky] on one of them..


Nothing formal, haven't signed anything, but I'll make a donation at the end of the month based on how many miles I've done .. I recommend it to anyone, I feel fitter, and it's a mental lift...  if you don't fancy 300, they do a 200 as well, or just set your own stretch target...

18 comments:

  1. Good work Steve!

    I’ve been peddling to and from Hampton lido and coming back the long way so I’ve been clocking up a few km. Missed a few days this month so only on 160km/100 miles so quite a lot short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nundanket - it's amazing how addictive it becomes counting miles, and then in the end you realise you are enjoying it anyway - miles or not!

      Delete
    2. Addictive it is! I've been riding to work almost every day this year (around 32km / 20 mile a day), plus some weekend journeys. I'm now near 11.000 km this year, and counting!

      Delete
    3. Blimey, Wim.. you're in a different league! :o)

      Delete
  2. Good job Steve! A very worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MJT - thanks - it is, doing this one for my aunty, who passed last year

      Delete
  3. Good job, Steve! Cycling does a body good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan - it also saves a fortune in petrol.. ;o)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers Elenderil, was just a small post to see if I could "encourage les autres".. :o)

      Delete
  5. Good for you, a tangible goal is always a great motivator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan - you have it in one - I've always loved a deadline - the countdown clock (to launch day) on my boat blog is a terrible thing, but makes me focus...! :o)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. C'mon Ray - got to be a shared Reject goal or target somewhere here.. :o)

      Delete
  7. Nice one Steve, good for the body and soul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Lee, bit achey-breaky at the moment as I came off the other night on the way home, but I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow, and I'm still on target!

      Delete