Wednesday, April 4

"Advance Guard" battle report..

My thanks for the kind words/comments to all of you who have taken the time to comment on the Blog to date - it's much appreciated...

Apologies however, for the delay in posting the battle report, it's been a school holiday week this week so I've been away from the computer for a while - among other things, taking my sprogs to Fishers Farm Park which I recommend wholeheartedly for those of you in the south of England/Sussex!

Either way the report is now up with pictures of the latest set to in her Majesty's Colonies... follow this link to read the review of an excellent nights gaming - despite my losing again!

The beer festival was good as well - very bijou (ie. small!), but a high quality selection of ales of which my beer of the festival was the Dark Star "Hophead" - described elsewhere as "Light straw coloured bitter with fully hoppy aroma and clean crisp bitterness from Cascade hops". Can't argue with that! Phenomenal flavour for only 3.8% of alcohol..

1 comment:

  1. A nice battle report with plenty of pictures.

    I'm not familiar with the rules that you are playing, but I appreciate your tactical analysis of the battle as well.

    The "tea and biscuit break" sounds so wonderfully gentlemanly and definitely "old school". I much appreciated that.

    Please keep these reports coming.


    -- Jeff of Saxe-Bearstein

    ReplyDelete