Wednesday, November 16

Battlegames is saved!!

In many ways I see "Battlegames" as the Steve the Wargamer Blog house magazine... the financial difficulties that Henry is experiencing with the magazine have been widely blogged and reported on, and as a subscriber from issue 1, like many I responded to Henry's poll.

My view was that anything, any format, any publication schedule would be better than "Battlegames" disappearing... imagine my joy to receive a communication from Henry this morning telling me that Battlegames is saved!!

In Henry's words...

"I'm delighted to announce that Battlegames is in the process of being acquired by Atlantic Publishers and will therefore become a stable-mate to Miniature Wargames. Deals of this kind obviously take time, but negotiations are proceeding extremely well and we are aiming to complete the handover by early December."

Such good news - what a way to start a day!

6 comments:

  1. Very good to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good news. I feel a bit guilty because I was just about to ask for a subscription for Xmas (after a break of a year) when I heard the magazine was finishing. Now I do know what I want for Christmas!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way. I was willing to go digital (even prefer it to some degree), go to a quarterly journal, even get a price increase. Anything to keep it coming.

    I truly did believe that someone would come along and snap up the rights to BG, the same way WSS was resurrected. For me the question was whether we would get to convert our subscriptions.

    Don't get me wrong, if the new publisher did not honor my old subscription I would have subscribed anyway. But the fact that they are honoring it endears them to me all the more. And the icing on the cake: they gave Henry a job as Editor and Guardian of the Content.

    ReplyDelete