Friday, January 15

I saw a mouse...

I saw a mouse, where 
there on the stair 
where on the stair 
right there...
A Windmill In Old Amsterdam

..move along..  no mice to be seen here.. but enthused by Norm's end of year write up that featured a cracking little windmill, I immediately hot footed it off to the manufacturer and ordered myself one, as I've been wanting to add one to the collection for ages..


So the first terrain addition of 2021 is this lovely little windmill from Ironclad Miniatures in 15mm [clicky]...


Simple enough kit..  main body of the building comes in four parts..  the sails in five (four sails and the central mount) I modified mine so that the sails turn by drilling a hole through the central boss and which I then inserted a flat top nail through tat I then glued into a hole in the main body.... simple pleasures..  😀


Quite pleased how it turned out..  black primed, dry brushed earth, dry brushed lighter earth, and then a very light dry brush of a grass green to imply age, verdigris, and growth..


So Ironclad Miniatures windmill in 15mm ..  painted January 2021..

20 comments:

  1. Very nice model and lovely paint job too:) The only trouble is I now have this song in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J - total ear worm.. I was humming it all day..

      Delete
  2. This is a nice kit and a good build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan - when you look at it under the camera microscope you think "I could have done thi s different" and "that different", but at the table top view.. it'll do nicely..

      Delete
  3. Lovely job and the addition of green is the perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta Norm - I blame you for all this... good find though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely model Steve, as I thought when I saw Norm's. You know what you've gone and done don't you? Just starting my Prussians so that windmill could work well with my planned new terrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... do it...! Norm you need to let them know you're on commission...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Cheers Neil - lovely kit, very reasonably priced.. you know you need one.. :o)

      Delete
  7. Balls, I’ve already spent all my toy money this month. It’s on the list for next payday. Of course I’ve already got one in 6mm but as I said to the wife, a man can’t have too many windmills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JBM, I have this vision of you nose pressed against the toy ship window, nothing in your hand but two coppers, a bit of fluff, and an old earwig.. Too many windmills? clearly not, they appeal to our Quixotic nature..

      Delete
  8. A very fine addition to your scenic stock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking bit of kit Steve!

    ReplyDelete