Tuesday, November 27

Zvezda 1/100 (15mm) Pz II.. a review

...so following on from the review of the Pz 38T here's the other model, the Pz II...
 

Once again just a single sprue - but even less component parts than the Pz 38T..



This time however, I have another model in the same scale to compare it to - the kit goes together very easily - it really does just clip together -in the picture below it's (clearly... ) on the right - the other model is a  Peter Pig metal model..


Top down view... interesting, eh? I'd say turrets are exactly the  same, but the body of the PP model is noticeably wider..  DG thought this was down to the width of the tracks on the PP model which were wider...  either way, they are close enough not for it to make a difference in my view...


Side by side comparison...  I far prefer the early war years for my wargaming, when the tanks were slightly more esoteric, and small.. before the behemoths took over... these early war German tanks/half tracks will be ideal for France 1940...

Another good model...  if I was a total perfectionist I would fill that gap along the front of the Zvezda model where the two hull components join, but happily .. I'm not!

Another cracker...  Steve the Wargamer rates this one 8 out of 10.... (strike 1 for it being plastic, and 1 for the gap/join )

5 comments:

  1. Looks to be a lot more complex model to put together than the T38!

    These models are brilliant - 5 pieces, snap together, paint. And better detailing than the metal model (and a sight cheaper I'll bet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil - they're a real joy and I'm a "hardened" metal fan... lots of detail, no onerous construction and £2.50 a pop - the 15mm PP version is currently £4.50, and in my eyes is not such a nice model.... no brainer..... all I need is some time to paint the damn things!

      Delete
    2. Oh - and very simple to construct - the most difficult one is the Hanomag as there's some careful twisting required.... this one is very easy - the two hulls click together - tracks on either side and pop the turret - done..

      Delete
  2. Why why why, can't companies make stuff the same size! I think I prefer the Zvesda tank though, it looks more crisper, if that makes any sense??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right Ray. I'm looking forward to this early war range expanding a bit.

      Delete