Saturday, September 7

"Firing into the Brown" #59 - The Magnificent Sev... err Eight, Cedar Gulch, and stuff..

"So Carnehan weeds out the pick of his men, and sets the two of the Army to show them drill and at the end of two weeks the men can manoeuvre about as well as Volunteers. So he marches with the Chief to a great big plain on the top of a mountain, and the Chiefs men rushes into a village and takes it; we three Martinis firing into the brown of the enemy".

Kipling "The Man Who Would Be King"

Time for another update..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paint has been splashed and the little lead Magnificent Eight are ready to throw errr... lead.. 😏





This (next) guy's a dandy, a card sharp, a gambler.....  gold embroidery and twin six guns..  looks a bit like Wild Bill, or perhaps Custer..


...and this guys I think is one of my favourites of the poses..  a concerned citizen looking to protect his property?


Clearly modelled on Clint..


So I had to do some patterns on the poncho from memory..


Close enough.. πŸ˜‚

This guy looks like an amateur despite the twin holsters..  I have in mind another concerned townsman, called up in a posse to counter some kind of incursion..


This guy puts me in mind of a miner so I gave him some of those original Levi's.. 😏


...and this one looks like a youngster..


Saloon or hotel owner in his lavender shirt..  this is also a favourite..


Next, a cowboy come into town in his best duds to celebrate the end of a cattle drive, perhaps?


Happy with them - these guys are destined to become the bit part actors in my very own soap opera..  "The Annals of Cedar Gulch" (™ 😁)

Newline Designs 20mm "Wild West Gunfighters" pack - 8 figures painted August 2024

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Whether I wanted one or not, a new project seems to have sprung up on me almost fully formed! 😏

Wasn't expecting it, but the Ruthless (Old West Gunfight) rules have lit a bit of a (dormant?) fire, and given my hobby interaction the last few years have been on the low side I'll ride it for as long as it lasts!

Look out for a new project page soon "The Annals of Cedar Gulch in Tremayne County, Southern Arizona" πŸ˜€

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Speaking of which, the first parts of "Cedar Gulch" have just arrived from Warbases..


My plan is to use those buildings I already have from the American War of Independence/ACW projects, but bolster them with those above to make my little town in the deadlands..   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Laters, as the young people are want to say...

2 comments:

  1. Very nice looking figures and a great project, those Warbases buildings look like they will be just the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Donnie.. it's a bit of a niche project, but hey, it's my hobby.. :o))

      Delete